Fake Karni Sena withdrew protest against ‘Padmaavat’ not us, says chief Lokendra Singh Kalvi

karni-sena-lokhendra11.jpg

Jaipur: Dismissing the reports that Shri Rajput Karni Sena has withdrawn its protest against Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padamaavat, chief patron of the organisation Lokendra Singh Kalvi said that it must be some fake news circulated by a fake Karini Sena.

There were reports doing the rounds that Karni Sena has announced to take back its protest against Padmaavat but Kalvi has rubbished the reports and said, “There are many fake Karni Senas emerging in India. At present there are eight such entities operating in the country with vested interests.”

According to reports, Kalvi said that there has been a “duplicacy” in matters pertaining to the Karni Sena’s functioning.

“There was only one Rajput Karni Sena operating in India and I proudly say that I am the founder of that organization,” he further said.

He also asked people to beware of such similarly named organisations functioning and operating in the market.

The Karni Sena had been demanding a ban on Padmaavat on the grounds that it ‘distorts’ historical facts and projects queen Padmini in poor light.

Last month, Supreme Court turned down its plea and lifted the ban on the movie imposed by several states and directed them to ensure its release.

On January 25, the film was released in theatres across India amidst tight security and protest from various groups, including Karni Sena. However, some cinema hall owners decided not to screen the film in the wake of protests being carried allegedly by Karni Sena members in Gujarat and Haryana.

Leave a Reply

scroll to top